Coursework Masters degrees in psychology (Clinical, Counselling and Industrial)
The Discipline of Psychology on the Howard College Campus offers the following Masters Degree by coursework:
- Masters of Social Science (Clinical Psychology)
- Masters of Social Science (Counselling Psychology)
- Masters of Social Science (Industrial Psychology
To apply for the professional psychology master’s degrees in clinical, counselling, or industrial psychology in 2021 on the UKZN Howard College campus, follow the instructions below. Applications close by 12h00 on 25th September 2020. Contact Ms Ayanda Ntuli for enquiries – email only email@example.com
- With the exception of the Industrial and Research Psychology programmes, students may only apply to ONE of the Clinical, Counselling, or Educational Psychology programmes on ONE site (i.e., Pietermaritzburg OR Howard College) in an application cycle.
- Applications made for more than one of either Clinical, Counselling, or Educational Psychology, and/or on more than one site will result in all applications submitted by that candidate being disqualified.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that their application has been received and whether they have been shortlisted for the selection process.
Applicants for the professional psychology master’s degrees in clinical, counselling, and industrial psychology on the UKZN Howard College campus should complete three forms:
1. Discipline of Psychology application form 2021 Click on the following link Discipline of Psychology Application Form 2021. Once completed, sign and save as pdf, and then email to Ms Ntuli (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12h00 on 25th September 2020.
2. Discipline of Psychology online application form, to be completed before 12h00 on 25th September 2020. Click on the following link https://forms.gle/gm8W6Wy52npaF8SV9 to complete the online form for the clinical or counselling psychology programme.
Click on the following link https://forms.gle/oisSiCBKYpnRRJfT8 to complete the online form for the industrial psychology programme.
3. Then click on the following link for the UKZN psychology application for postgraduate admission form UKZN Psychology Application for Postgraduate Admission. Once completed, sign and email to Ms Ntuli (email@example.com) before 12h00 on 25th September 2020.
The 2021 Application fee for South African students is R200.00 (SADC countries, R470; Other countries, US $146). Proof of payment must accompany application.
There is considerable competition for admission to these qualifications. Preference is given to students with good academic results, and to those proficient in an African language.
Various forms of financial assistance may be available on application from UKZN including scholarships and bursaries. See University of KwaZulu-Natal bursaries: http://studentfunding.ukzn.ac.za
Various Masters Degrees are offered on the Howard College (Durban) and Pietermaritzburg campuses of UKZN (Please see table below). Note that programmes on each campus vary.
|Name of Qualifications||Campus||Closing dates||Interview Dates|
|Clinical Psychology||Durban & Pietermaritzburg||25th Sept 2020||TBA|
|Counselling Psychology||Durban & Pietermaritzburg||25th Sept 2020||TBA|
|Educational Psychology||Pietermaritzburg||25th Sept 2020||TBA|
|Research Psychology||Pietermaritzburg||25th Sept 2020||TBA|
|Industrial/Organisational Psychology||Durban||25th Sept 2020||TBA|
|Health Promotion||Durban||contact 031-2603341||TBA|
|Psychology & Society (by Dissertation only)||Durban||contact 031-2603341||TBA|
|Research Ethics (SARETI)||Pietermaritzburg||contact 033-2606162||Not offered in 2020|
- School Research Proposal Form
- UKZN Humanities SSREC Ethics Application Form: Humanities_Ethics_Application_Form_2017
- UKZN Biomedical Ethics Application Form: BREC Expedited Application Form Version_1.0 2016
- Research proposal form with guidelines
- Contract between supervisor and candidate
For Further Details
Details of programmes Application forms can be found and downloaded at: https://psychology.ukzn.ac.za
Research Ethics (SARETI) masters details at http://sareti.ukzn.ac.za/
Contact details Durban Campus:
School of Psychology
Ms Ayanda Ntuli
Howard College Campus
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Telephone: +27(0)31 260 3341